Topeka Lawrence Deals
Top Reasons to Visit Sunset at the Palms
At this adults-only resort, you can enjoy unlimited alcoholic beverages at three onsite bars, including a swim-up pool bar and a martini lounge with nightly piano music.
The buffet-style restaurant serves up Jamaican and international dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in an open-air dining room. Make a reservation at Lotus Leaf to dine on à la carte Asian-fusion fare.
Head to the adjoining 2-mile-long beach—known as Bloody Bay—to go kayaking, windsurfing, or snorkeling around submerged coral gardens and reefs.
Guests can take complimentary excursions in and around Negril, including a historical walking tour and a sunset trip to the cliffs at Xtabi.
Staff members at the onsite spa administer coffee body scrubs and aromatherapy massages in a tranquil, outdoor treatment garden.
Stylish accommodations with private verandas and sleek, dark-wood furnishings have earned praise from Architectural Digest and Frommer’s.
Negril, Jamaica: Laid-Back Beach Town with Picturesque Sunsets, Snorkeling, and Cliff Diving
Located on Jamaica’s western coast, Negril is known for its white sand beaches, dramatic rugged cliffs, and coral reefs lying just offshore in the Caribbean. Its underwater beauty makes the town a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling at Negril Marine Park, and anglers have found the sea filled with blue marlin, wahoo, and mahi-mahi. The city has a front-row seat to some of the world’s most beautiful sunsets, and people often climb to the top of waterfront cliffs just to watch. At Lotus Leaf, groups congregate every night to watch the sun dip below the horizon; some brave adventurers even leap off the 35-foot cliffs into the water.
Often called "the capital of casual," Negril is best defined by its laid-back vibe, from the slow and steady rhythm of the indigenous reggae music to its unofficial uniform—swimsuits and flip-flops. Running along the town is Seven Mile Beach, a stretch of powdery, white sand coastline that earned a spot on Frommer’s Best Beaches in the Caribbean list. The town center comprises a shopping mall and a craft market where visitors can pick up locally produced goods.
Farther inland, the mountainous terrain harbors several eco-tourism attractions including hiking, ziplining, and waterfall tours. Take a 60- to 90-minute drive east to reach the cascading YS Falls or Mayfield Falls, where you can wade in 21 natural pools shaded by exotic tropical flowers and ferns. Or stay close to Negril by visiting the Royal Palm Reserve, where 300 acres of swamp forests and wetlands shelter more than 300 types of birds, butterflies, and abandoned Rubik's cubes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about 44 miles (71 km) from Sangster International Airport (MBJ).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two adults, and one additional guest 18 or older may stay for an additional $150 per night (all-inclusive).
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are required only at Lotus Leaf and Chef's Table In The Bush, and there is no specific dress code. For more information about your dining options, please click here.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.